31.3.09

Ever have the feeling you're trapped on the Tea Cups ride at Disneyland?

Where to begin. It feels like ages since I was able to sit down and post on here when really, it was only like a week or so ago, but so much has happened. Katie's visit came and went, so quickly! It was great having her here, though admittedly weird to see her in a setting that is home to neither of us. We went all over this city, and for some odd reason kept ending up in the West end where all the theatres are, hmmm. Three days of rain was AMAZING and James McAvoy (for any of you lovers) is even more talented and beautiful in person (which I can attest to since we had 3rd row seats!!). Sunday we went on a walk through Camden Market and down the Reagents Canal, through Reagents Park (which I have discovered is the best meat market on sundays, of the male persuasion that is, and where I will be spending every available sunday in May :), and I know we did more but I can't remember. Monday and Tuesday I had class, so Katie hit up all the museums, and Monday night we all went to see Phantom of the Opera. One word: Brilliant. They did an amazing job and the singing/music was phenomenal. Wednesday we hit up the Tower of London and the London Eye and then sadly I rode the tube with Katie on Thursday to bid her farewell.

The craziness didn't end there though. Thursday I ran around all day, culminating to dinner with my friend Melissa from Hanford! I met her right before I left, and she moved here at the end of February to do social work for 2 years. We had dinner in Gipsy Hill, which is somewhere I haven't been yet, and it was the most delicious Indian food I've ever eaten! I did stupidly eat a freaking hot ass green-pepper and wanted to die for a little while, but the food was still yummy!

Friday morning I was up early yet again, because I caught the 6:15 train to Edinburgh (again) with Alexis and Dana. Aubrey and Claudia joined us later in the day because they had class. So I spent my weekend running around Scotland again, which was fantastic! We went out both nights to some crazy Scottish pubs, and on Saturday evening Alexis and I tried this Mexican restaurant. To our enjoyment, about 20 Scottish men came in and sat by us for a stag night (read: bachelor party). They were so funny, singing songs and making one guy wear the most horrendous spandex suit thing. We were laughing so hard at them, they must have enjoyed us as well, because they sent over shots for us from the bar. Needless to say, it was a good times.

We got home late Sunday evening, which because life hates me, I got a freaking cold on the way home, of course, because I'm leaving tomorrow for spring break and I can't be happy and healthy. But I'm working on getting better, sleeping and such, so that's good. So, here is a smattering of photos from all the stuff that I've done recently.

The Sovereign's Entrance to Parliament
Westminster Abbey
Katie and I in front of Westminster Abbey
Beautiful St. James Park!
Yay, friends!
In St. James Park
In Portobello Market (ignore the creepy man in the back)
Posing outside the Three Days of Rain theatre, with the lovely McAvoy.
In front of Her Majesty's Theatre before Phantom of the Opera
Claudia, Alexis and I in the theatre before Phantom
Alexis, Aubrey, Me and Katie!
Sherlock Holme's Museum!! Detective Anna is on the case!
Katie and Watson, just chillin.
So sweet!
At the Tower of London
Yar, I'm ready to defend the Tower!
White Tower in the Tower of London
Just me and the Tower Bridge
Uh, we walked across it and it was freaking WINDY up there.
SO pretty
Waiting to board the London Eye
Aubrey, Katie, Alexis and Me on the Eye.
hahahaha :)
The sun setting on Westminster

Now, Scotland.
Tower booth inside the Holyrood Palace grounds.
Alexis, Me and Dana at Holyrood Palace.
Holyrood Abbey remains
The hostel we stayed in
Our room, my bunk on the bottom!
First night out, at Whistle Binkies
Rosslyn chapel (any Davinci Code fans??)
Enjoying a cup of tea in Edingburgh
Sunday we hiked this huge freaking hill next to Holyrood Palace and had some amazing views of the city. My butt (literally) did not thank me later.
On top of the hill

There you have it! So what's next? Ah yes, Spring Break. Tomorrow afternoon, at 2:30 pm, I will be on my way to ATHENS! We're (Alexis and I) staying in Athens for 3 days, then we're taking a ferry to Santorini, where we'll stay for another 3 days! Then, we'll board another plane and fly from Santorini to Rome. Our friend Claudia is meeting us in Rome and we'll be touring around the city for 2 days (with our lovely Italian tour guide!) and then we'll be taking a train to where she lives in Italy, Fabriano. We'll spend the Easter weekend with her family, eating some amazing home made Italian food, and then we'll be off to Florence. From Florence the three of us will be taking a train to Venice. We'll stay 2 days, 1 night in Venice and then fly back to London on April 15th. Phew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it all, but it's going to be amazing!

I will basically be out of touch for those 2 weeks, as my internet access will probably be hit or miss. But I'll be home for about a week after that before I head out of town again, so photos will be up then... hopefully.

Love you all! Hope everything is going well! Now I'm off to take a nap before class. :)

Catch you in 2 weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment