26.4.10

I'm becoming a chronophobic

What the deuce is going on?

I feel like the world is kind of spinning out of control and no one told me. Did we shift speeds or something earth? Thanks for sending me the memo.

The days are going by so fast and there's so much going on that I feel like I'm strapped on a treadmill with my legs moving so fast under me that I'm about to be THAT guy that flies off and smacks their face on the way down. We're gaining speed downhill to the end of another semester, which means registering for what will be my last semester at CSUF (no matter who I have to bribe, kill and/or shank) and that includes figuring out a work schedule, which is always difficult. It also means that I've got finals breathing down my neck while I'm still waiting to hear about a bunch of stuff for school that went to or was supposed to go to committee.

With that comes going to the coast this weekend, going out of town again two weeks from that, going to WA two weeks from that trip, then less than a month later going to NY/London for 2.5 weeks, then less than a month after that going to the coast again for a bachelorette thing, then less than a month after THAT going to Disney Land and running the half marathon, all while I need to do my research for my project. I'm not complaining, believe me, it's exciting to have so many places to go and see and things to do, but at the same time I'm starting to panic and freak out and get a little overwhelmed. That's a lot of weekends and time and also a lot of cash that I may or may not have. Plane tickets have been paid for, but that's only the first step.

After all that comes the prep for graduating (FINALLY) and applying for grad school, which means I want to take on an internship next fall and spring to get some experience and beef up my applications. Shouldn't be too hard to fit it in since I only have two classes and writing my research up right? And work. right? anybody......right?....

I also called my landlord this weekend to ask him about changing the date I pay my rent. It's due on the 26th, because that's the day I moved in, which I've always found odd and it's kind of difficult considering I get paid once a month on the last working day, so I called to see if we could move it just 4 little days to the 1st and you'd have thought I'd asked him to let me live rent free for life. He agreed, with much reluctance, but I honestly was flabbergasted by how difficult and awkward of a conversation it was. Just prorate those 4 days sir, and add it on to the monthly rent and badda bing! We're all square.

Lastly, I freaked myself out looking at my student load debt. Word to the wise: don't ever change your majors or schools or have to go to school for forever and don't look at the totals until you have to because you'll have many panic attacks. Then I started looking up requirements for Grad school and had another set of panic attacks.

Needless to say, if you're looking for me anytime in the next 6 months, I'll be the girl curled up in the fetal position with the white knuckled grip on a bottle of Xanex in one hand and rum in the other.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my poor dear Anna...It sounds like we need to have a good ol' coffee date. So let's meet up in pretend land and have one. I'll meet you at the corner of "my life is rushing by" and "i have little time for sleep let alone relaxing coffee time". Sound good?
I'm sending you lots of happy thoughts and energy. I know you can kick this semesters butt and conquer the next one!

Post a Comment