21.9.10

Today's color is: Red.

Red.

It's the color of the numbers flashing on the clock telling me I'm already 15 mintues late leaving the house in the morning.

It's the color of the fucking stoplight that made me sit for over 5 minutes because it refused to let my side turn green but taunted me by turning the other 3 sides of the intersection green. Three times. Count them. 1. 2. 3.

It's the color of my vision as I was stuck in the worst traffic ever trying to get to fresno on time.

It's the color of the mark that was on my face from nearly falling asleep in class because I didn't have time to get coffee this morning.

It's the color of my skin as I baked in my car for almost an hour waiting for my prof to show up to the second half of our lab today.

It's the color of my impatience as I waited 10 minutes to get $20 out of the ATM because of the two turtles in front of me taking their sweet ass time.

Red. I used to like you, but now I fear you're just another tool the universe is using to put my brain in a vice grip and squeeeeeeeze. Forever more you will be equated with blood and pain.

Needless to say, it's been a shittacular day. Add that in with my excursions on Sunday and my discovery yesterday, and we're chalking it up to a bad week here folks. I know, a month of no posting and you get this? Well tune in later and I'll tell you all about how I think I'm becoming a giant magnet that kills all things remotely electronic within a mile radius of me.

But, you'll all be happy to know, that the mysterious horn honking is back. In the past couple of weeks I've managed to scare the shit out of myself by honking my own horn more than a half dozen times. The culprit? Usually my backpack. But one unlucky time, it was my forehead as I reached back down into my car for something. Yes, yes I AM that dumb. Feel free to laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment